Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Getting ready for Summer

We've had some great time enjoying the sunshine in the last few weeks. Diamond Lake with the Smith's & LeGrant's....hot tub time at home and a pool party at the Fisher's. The kids are loving the water and sun...and all the summertime treats, like ice cream!!


Fishing @ Diamond Lake


My little water boy
Toby floating on his back in the hot tub
Talia has been telling us that next time she went swimming she was going to jump off the diving board. She pinky swore and everything! :) Ha, ha!!
Well, when it came down to it, she was not the willing participant she said she was going to be. After unsuccessful, sometimes tearful negotiations with Daddy, Mommy came in and used the "If you just do it one time, you don't have to do it anymore" line. She took it hook, line and sinker and here's the end result....


Here she is a little later in the day, getting more gutsy...trying different jumps!


I really do love that the kids are getting so comfortable in the water. For those of you that don't know, (dork alert!) I'm not the biggest fan of the water and still plug my nose when I go under. I don't want my kids to be like that, so I'm so happy that they enjoy the water with little or no fear!!

Here's to a Summer filled with swimming, sun and smiles!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a champ ... so proud of her! Love the shot of her with her arms/legs out!!