Monday, August 3, 2009

Best Concert Ever!!!

Ok...so you all know what a concert freak I am! I admit it! Well, this was the concert of all concerts! We had tickets to the Kenny Chesney, Sugarland, Montgomery Gentry, Miranda Lambert, Lady Antebellum show at Qwest Field.
We trekked over to Seattle on Thursday night with the kids and hung with my Dad on Friday, while my step-mom Brenda was away at a funeral. Did a little shopping and playing on Friday...just laid low.
Well, while Talia and I were headed to go shopping at the outlets...I got a phone call from a number in Tennessee. I was sitting in traffic wondering who the heck was calling me from TN??!! Well, I get a call from a guy named Adam asking if I had entered a contest for Lady Antebellum (one of my fav. bands) and I said yes....and he proceeded to tell me that I had won and that I was going to be the Lady A fan of the day, at the concert. I got to video tape fans prior to the show professing their love of Lady A and also show Lady A a little about Seattle! They'll hopefully use some of the footage on their website, soon! (If so, I'll post the link!) The best part was that after they performed, Grady and I got to go backstage and meet them and interview them! They were SO nice and down to earth. Had a great time chatting with them and got to see Montgomery Gentry, as they came by while we were chatting with Lady A. Bonus - Charles, the male lead singer - is even HOTTER in person! Wowza!!


Me with Lady A Fan Cam


Charles, Dave, ME, Hillary & Grady - Lady Antebellum

Lady Antebellum - Charles, Hillary & Dave
The rest of the concert was great! Qwest Field was a great place to watch a concert and with great acts and great weather, it was by far the best show I have ever been to!! I think I am still trying to process it all!!


Miranda Lambert


Jennifer Nettles - Sugarland
Grady & I
Great FUN crowd!!
Enjoying a few cold Bud Lights on a warm summer evening! :)
Grady & I with our friends George & Melinda that we went to the concert with
Kenny Chesney
Not sure any show will ever be able to top this one!! This may be the start of an annual trek to the show every year...it was AMAZING and one I'll never forget!!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Sounds like an awesome concert line up! And how cool that that you got to go back stage and meet Lady Antebellum! I really like them too! Have you got Grady hooked to country music yet?!